Friday, October 3, 2008

Updates...

Sorry to for the lag in blogging. Out internet has been down for over a week at home. Aaaaagghhhh! We thought it was the modem, but it's not so we are having Time Warner (booooo) look at it on Saturday. I feel bad blogging at work, but it has been so long I know I needed to update.

So this blog started as a way to share not only my lovely little wedding obsessions, but the crazy things that occur in our "house of dogs". You need not wait anymore, have I got a doozy....

Last Thursday when Kodo's dad and I got home from work, we noticed Lola had a lump in her belly. Not one of her normal lumps (i.e. hangin raisins...), one really scary looking, inside the skin, extremely red, changing diameter by the hour kind of lump.

Friday afternoon I took her to Dr. Laura (our vet) and she immediately scheduled surgery to have it removed. Fact: Boxers are prone to all types of cancer. On Friday, Dr. Laura gave me our estimate for the surgery; Kodo's Dad and I spent the weekend freaking out about it; and Tuesday morning Lola had surgery.

Dr. Laura removed the mass in her stomach, along with the several "hanging raisins" she had all over her body. She has a ton of stitches but is doing really well. As soon as our internet at home is back up I will be sure to post a pick of her and her cute pink head cone!

We had her lab work done before the surgery and discovered she has another UTI (for those of you that remember it took us almost a year to kill the last one) and she is showing signs of early kidney failure. She is currently on pain medication and antibiotics and we will be picking up her prescription food next week for her kidneys.

Dr. Laura should be calling me today with the biopsy results. We are nervous so please say a prayer for Lola!

I will update you as soon as I can.....

No comments: