Thursday, September 4, 2008

So Short Am I?!

Today someone sent me a link on ways short people can dress to make themselves look taller. I am not normally a sensitive person, and I can't say my feelings were hurt, but it made me wonder "Do people really see me as being THAT short?".

I started to think of my friends and my height in comparison to them. I am 5'1" and most of them have a few inches on me. Kodo's Dad is 9" taller than me (so he says) and my Mom is definitely taller than me. I do have sisters and a couple of friends who are "petite", but they are petite in a way that make them weigh 20lbs less than I do, so I don't really think of myself as petite. I am just plane SHORT. So I decided to Google "short people".

The obvious stuff came up; Randy Newman's Song Short People, short people jokes, and you know wikipedia has a ton to say about short people. Then I dug a little deeper and found some other very interesting facts (and if the Internet says it, it must be a fact) about short people:

1. Shorter women are more likely to have long-term relationships with men, and more likely to have children

2. A new study reveals that some short women have a gene linked to longevity

3. Short women with long legs and large busts are the most sexually attractive to men

4. Short women drive nicer cars than tall women

(OK, I made that last one up)

So here is what I have come up with....

I may look like a little vertically challenged when I wear crop pants and flats, but the boys love me and I will live longer than the rest of you giants!

Good Night and Good Bye.....

2 comments:

Bits from Bonnie said...

I know that the height thing is very difficult to overcome. If I ever marry again,one way that I plan to look statuesque is to have no bridesmaid or groomsman over 4'11". I will be up high on a very tall stage and also if necessary, learn to walk on stilts. Chuey, from the Chelsea Handler show will be the minister that marries us.

Unknown said...

I love love love this blog!!! I was lauging to hard, vince had to ask me to quiet down.
Got Lasagna in the oven, gotta check on it.

Love you siter!